Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend Projects

I don't know about you, but during the week I have no time (read: energy) to sit and work on a project. Normally when I'm at my desk at work I feel so motivated to go home and whip out a quilt top in an evening, but as soon as I cross the threshold of my house I shut down and stare at the couch knowing I'll be sitting on it in a few seconds.

This weekend I decided to work on some projects. My resolution for the year was to make a quilt for each one of my family members. The process is slow because I like to actually design my own quilt, rather than use a tutorial for one I see online. I made a nice stacked coin quilt a few weekends ago, but haven't had time to quilt it yet. I had a few fat quarters I needed to weed out of my stash for the next one. I used my accuquilt cutter to get some evenly cut square for my next project. I kept seeing tutorials for a disappearing 9 patch block. I think it turned out well!


No comments:

Post a Comment